Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Shake your Tail Feathers Ace!

All the babies went in the Big Bath today for their swim.

Ace went in first as, at 18 days old she can stay out of the heat for longer. The 'little' babies had 5 minutes with her, then they went back, shivery. And Ace had the bath to herself again.

She was funny this morning. Her feet touch the bottom of the bath (which is how she likes it) and she was stamping them rapidly. I don't know why but she did it more when I laughed and commented. I am not a big believer in coincidence so I believe she was reacting to my reactions. Either way it amused me.

Oh, and just look at these gorgeous tail feathers.......

Magnified several times for clarity.

A friend wrote to me this morning saying she wondered how she had ever had time to work full-time. She works part-time, and also does voluntary/charitable work. I have to agree with her - there are always so many other things to take your time.....But then I thought about our work.....We clean a few carpets here and there, but our main work now is these ducks. And we love being with them and doing things for them. Not many people can say they love their work as much as we do.

How blessed can you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment