Saturday, 28 January 2012

Four Years Ago

They say time flies when you are having fun.

Well I must have been having a ball for the last four years.

Why?

It was 4 years ago today that Steve and I met for the first time.  

And we had both forgotten about it until this afternoon.

It was actually at about 6pm, so almost to the minute as I type.

This also meant that we had forgotten our first wedding anniversary. No not our first wedding anniversary, the anniversary of our first wedding 3 years ago. Confused? How do you think we feel?!



We thought we had married in Egypt. We had a gorgeous Marriage Certificate written in Arabic on green paper. But for all we know it could say 'bring her back when you get bored and get your camels back'.

But we didn't realise until we got back and tried to open a bank account, that we were not actually Mr and Mrs after all. The type of ceremony we went through is only recognised in Egypt. Oooer....

So we had to get married again so that I could get a driver's license, passport et al in my new name.

Oh dear - I had to have a new outfit too - isn't that shocking?

We are quite proud of the fact that we have married each other twice, not many couples can boast that can they?





I have also had a new hypno band fitted today.

The old one had become elasticated.....

When Steve fitted the original he gave me the power to adjust it myself. This, in hindsight, was a mistake - I am a naturally greedy person and I over adjusted it. So some of the weight I lost has been sneaking back on.

So I now have a super-industrial strength neoprene TIGHT band only adjustable through more 'surgery'.

And veggies in the steamer for dinner.....


No comments:

Post a Comment