Thursday, 9 February 2012

Is it Friday yet?

I woke up this morning convinced it was Friday. I have no idea why, I just thought it was.

But of course it wasn't it was Thursday.

My dear, departed Mum would think I was wishing my life away - this was a mortal sin as a child! "Life goes quickly enough Jewel, don't wish it to go any faster". Of course I didn't believe her - when you are a child life will go on forever won't it? Ah, if only youth were not wasted on the young.....

Jewel was Mum's pet name for me. Jewel not Jules. I always felt precious when she called me that.


                                                                  (Julie was my 'naughty name'!!)

You may have noticed a lack of photographs over the past few days. My camera is poorly. Well not really poorly, just needs new batteries. Yes, I do have the batteries, but they are in the cold, cold bedroom at the cold end of the house. And I am not awake enough first thing to remember to bring them out with me.

Oh alright - I CBA.

There will be photo's here again one day. When the weather is a bit warmer......

You will just have to put up with these for now........



Yes, I have been playing!

Ducks. All is well in the world of Puddleducks. Ebony almost got a new home today....

A lady was asking on Preloved for a duck. Not too old, not mad about water....Ebony sounded ideal. But it was just too far for her to come to collect her. What a shame.

Don't get me wrong, we are not actively seeking a new home for her, but once they are all old enough to be breeding then things will look different. We are Puddleducks which means Aylesburys. An Aylesbury crossed with a rogue 'who knows what she is' is not going to look so good is it?

The 3/4 eggs in the incubator are due to start hatching tomorrow.....Fingers crossed there......

Still very cold, but no more snow yet. 

And that is about all for today I think.

 
Isn't she fun?!
                                




No comments:

Post a Comment