Monday, 6 February 2012

It's Working....

What's working?

My latest hypno band.

Last Monday morning I tried on the tester jeans. I refuse to stand on scales (more later) so I don't have a clue what I weigh. All I know is that I love these cargo jeans and I am determined to wear them again.

So a week ago I could get them on.

I had that annoying V-shape where they were not going to fasten, but they were on. This was a very good starting point.....

This morning I tried them on again.....

Not only did I get them up but they fastened - zip and button!

I could have worn them at a push but in a couple of weeks (at the rate this week has gone) they should be truly comfortable.

This is brilliant news!

I have spent the week eating absolutely anything I want to - I have just been restricted by the amount. The hypnotherapy worked in convincing me my stomach is the size of a golf ball. Therefore that is all I can eat at a time - a golf ball sized portion.

Yesterday we had a roast dinner. Normally I would have eaten a pile of roast potatoes and a huge yorkshire pudding (one of  Steve's specialities). As it was my plate contained one roast potato, half a yorkie pud, one stuffing ball, 2 slices of chicken and a spoonful of veg. I managed to eat about 2/3 of it before I could feel my stomach saying 'ENOUGH!'

It's a good feeling.

Years ago I was anorexic/bulimic.

This started from needing to watch my weight for dancing, but spiralled out of control in direct proportion to my unhappy home life.

When I had my breakdown (almost 14 years ago) I weighed under 7 stone. I am 5ft 6ins tall.

When I had a bath I could not lay down without a towel underneath me as it hurt. BUT I would look in the mirror and see FAT.

At this time I was eating about 500 calories a day.. I would jump on and off the scales up to 6 times a day. And every few days I would binge. Then purge.

I was a mess.

In fact the vague term 'eating disorders' was one of the things I was diagnosed with.

When I quit smoking 14 months ago the weight piled on. It would have been so, so easy to get back onto that roller-coaster again, but that was then, this is now and I am a stronger person than I was 14 years ago.

My weight is decreasing in such a way that I don't feel deprived, and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment